COMPANY AND THE PROJECT
We are an indie game studio consisted of professional and friendly people. Additionally, we are a team of skilled artists and dedicated indie enthusiasts. Our current project is INT, developed on Unity Engine 5 for platforms Windows, Linux, and Mac.
INT is a 3D Sci-fi RPG with a strong emphasis on story, role playing, and innovative RPG features such as randomized companions. The focus is on the journey through a war-torn world with fast-paced combat against hordes of enemies. The player must accomplish quests like a traditional RPG, complete objectives, and meet lively crew members who will aid in the player’s survival. Throughout the game you can side and complete missions through criminal cartels, and the two major combatants, the UCE and ACP, of the Interstellar Civil War.
Please note that all of our current positions are remote work. You will not be required to travel.
We are looking for Unity Programmers. You will be working with our Coding team Lead to implement systems and mechanics using C# language.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attendance of regular team meetings.
- Timely completion of implementation of assets.
- Direct contact with Project Lead and other Department Leads for the implementation process.
- Utilization of version control suites.
- Utilization of our project management boards (Trello) and communication channels to obtain up-to-date assets.
- Clear communication and self starter - pushes to meet deadlines and contribute to the project.
- Ability to complete tasks with limited input/direction from management.
- Comfortable with working with people remotely and via Trello management system.
- Good internet connection with ability to update assets/builds quickly, with large dependencies.
- Proficient experience using the Unity Game Engine.
a. Good understanding of C# language.
b. Understanding of game architecture/design.
c. Understanding of Unity Asset Bundle architecture/patterns and understanding of asynchronous content loading and optimization.
d. Understanding of loading resources on the fly, reduction of prefab dependencies.
- Proficient experience in implementing assets into the Unity Game Engine.
This is a great opportunity to get into the game development industry. Being an Indie team we do not have the creative restrictions often imposed by publishers or other third parties. We are extremely conscientious of our work and continuously uphold a high level of quality throughout our project.
We are unable to offer wages or per-item payments at this time. However revenue-sharing from crowd-funding is offered to team members who contribute 15-20 hours per week to company projects, as well as maintain constant communication and adhere to deadlines. Currently the crowd-funding campaign is scheduled for the year 2018. Your understanding is dearly appreciated.
Please send your Cover Letter, CV, Portfolio (if applicable), and other relevant documents/information to this email: JohnHR@int-game.net
Thank you for your time! We look forward to hearing from you!
Starboard Games LLC